For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
J. Gary Pretlow
|J. Gary Pretlow|
|New York State Assembly District 87|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
|Profession||Financial Planner, Moncur-Pretlow and Company|
Pretlow is a financial planner with Moncur-Pretlow and Company. His professional experience also includes assistant controller of The Limited; manager of accounting for Bloomingdale's; accountant; insurance sales; and stock broker.
Prelow earned an AS from Queensborough and a BBA from Baruch College. He and his wife, Donna, have one child; James.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pretlow has been appointed to the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pretlow served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Pretlow ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Pretlow defeated Samuel Rivers (Independence) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 87 2010|
|J. Gary Pretlow (D)||16,196|
|Samuel Rivers (Independence)||1,459|
On November 4, 2008 Pretlow won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 87, defeating opponents Ralph Pearson (C) and Ernest Boaten (WF).
Pretlow raised $67,250 for his campaign while Pearson and Boaten each raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 87 2008|
|Gary Pretlow (D)||30,417|
|Ralph Pearson (C)||1,212|
|Ernest Boaten (WF)||901|
In the 2008 election, Pretlow raised a total of $67,250.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|New York State Podiatric Medical Association||$3,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,500|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$2,000|
|Lynch, Patricia J||$2,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. J. Gary Pretlow
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 87
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |