J. Manuel Arreguin
|J. Manuel Arreguin|
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Master's||University of California, Los Angeles|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 3rd Congressional District
Arreguin's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Creating Jobs for Southern Arizona Families
- Excerpt: "Southern Arizona is a great place to live and raise a family. As your Representative in Congress, I will work tirelessly to bring more business and economic opportunities to our communities."
- Reforming our Immigration System
- Excerpt: "We all need an immigration system that brings people together so that we can finally have a policy that helps keep families together, creates jobs and provides security to our border region."
- Quality Patient Focused Healthcare
- Excerpt: "While America has the best healthcare system in the world, Southern Arizona is a healthcare patchwork, leaving some of our neighbors without access to quality healthcare. A system is required which will put the patient first without compromising the healthcare industry we require to sustain the coverage."
- See also: Arizona's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Arreguin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 3rd District. He was defeated by incumbent Raul Grijalva in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. 
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Arreguin's reports.
|J. Manuel Arreguin (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 7, 2012||$0||$11,939.47||$(3,119.38)||$8,820.09|
|July Quarterly||July 11, 2012||$8,820.09||$36,125.73||$(34,834.67)||$10,111.15|
|Pre-Primary||August 15, 2012||$10,111.15||$13,340.22||$(12,548.75)||$10,902.62|