For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
J. Shawn Mitchell
|J. Shawn Mitchell|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate District 13|
|Service/branch||Virginia Army National Guard, Iraq|
|Years of service||1999-2004|
|Place of birth||Richlands, VA|
Mitchell joined the Virginia Army National Guard in 1999. He then studied Computer Science and Psychology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute. In 2001, he served in Bosnia as an Army Engineer. He was then deployed to Iraq in 2004. He is currently the President/CEO of Modern Mechanical.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 13 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||J. Shawn Mitchell||42.9%||15,613|
Mitchell's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Investing in our K-12 education and colleges & universities is vital to continued success in the Commonwealth. We’re very fortunate that Loudoun and Prince William counties have great public schools."
- Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "...That’s why he believes we need to continue to grow our business community here in Northern Virginia by providing incentives to small and medium-sized businesses that
will create and maintain jobs in our community."
- Excerpt: "Our transportation crisis is a major force decreasing our quality of life here in the 13th district. We need to provide practical, yet innovative solutions like synchronized traffic lights and increased telecommuting;"
Mitchell and his wife, Ashley, have one child.
- Shawn Mitchell's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Shawn Mitchell on Facebook
- Shawn Mitchell on Twitter