|Illinois House of Representatives District 86|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Illinois State House|
|Per diem||$132/per session day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Supervisor, Joliet Township|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University, 1958|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1954-1956|
|Date of birth||May 12, 1933|
|Place of birth||Joliet, IL|
Prior to his election to the House, McGuire served as Supervisor in Joliet Township from 1982-1991, and a Trustee from 1973-1982.
McGuire served in the United States Army, and has been a coach and teacher. He is a member of Post 1080 - American Legion, Irish-American Society of Will County, and Number 367 - Veterans of Foreign Wars.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McGuire served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McGuire served on the following committees:
McGuire ran for re-election to the 86th District seat in the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012, and would have faced Ryan Martin Alm in the November 6 general election. However, on April 6, he announced his retirement due to health concerns.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 86 (2010)|
|Jack McGuire (D)||16,675||60.38%|
|Ryan Eggert (R)||10,942||39.62%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 86 (2008)|
|Jack McGuire (D)||37,303|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 86 (2006)|
|Jack McGuire (D)||21,785|
In 2010, McGuire collected $101,022 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jack McGuire's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$61,201|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Downstate Democratic Caucus||$2,000|
|Friends Of Michael Madigan||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$101,022|
In 2008, McGuire collected $33,118 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Federation of Teachers Local 604||$1,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$1,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$1,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$1,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
McGuire received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012. He did not receive a letter grade because he was not present for enough of the selected votes.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jack + McGuire + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Jack McGuire (D) 86th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Jack McGuire
- Trib Local, "District 86 House Representative, Jack McGuire, Announces Retirement," April 6, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McGuire
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- McGuire Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 86
| Succeeded by|
Lawrence Walsh (D)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |