|U.S. House, California, District 12|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Majority Whip, California State Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||April 8, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|California State Senate|
|California State Assembly|
|San Mateo County Board of Supervisors|
|Bachelor's||University of California-Davis, 1972|
|J.D.||Hastings College of Law, University of California, 1976|
|Place of birth||San Francisco, CA|
Below is an abbreviated outline of Speier's academic, professional and political career:
- 1972: Graduated from University of California, Davis with B.A.
- 1976: Graduated from University of California Hastings School of Law with J.D.
- 1973-1978: Staff, United States Representative Leo Joseph Ryan
- 1980-1986: San Mateo County supervisor
- 1986-1998: California State Assembly
- 1998-2006: California State Senate
- 2006: Unsuccessful candidate for Lieutenant Governor of California
- 2008-Present: U.S Representative from California
- Homeland Security Committee
- Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending
- Subcommittee on TARP, Financial Services and Bailouts of Public and Private Programs
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Jackie Speier has voted with the Democratic Party 92.1% of the time, which ranked 115 among the 192 House Democratic members as of 2011.
|U.S. House, California District 12 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Jackie Speier Incumbent||75.6%||152,044|
|Libertarian||Mark Paul Williams||2.3%||4,611|
Speier won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Speier's campaign committee raised a total of $1,060,953 and spent $772,791.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House, California District 12, 2010 - Jackie Speier Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Jackie Speier's campaign committee|
|Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy||$22,600|
|Air Line Pilots Assn||$10,000|
|American College of Emergency Physicians||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Speier and her husband, Barry, have two children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Director of the United States Congress "Karen Lorraine Jacqueline Speier," Accessed November 3, 2011
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Jackie Speier 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 3, 2011
|U.S. House - California District 12
| Succeeded by|