For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 2|
|January 3, 2013 - Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Joe Donnelly (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Indiana House of Representatives District 21|
|High school||Riley High School|
|Date of birth||Aug. 17, 1963|
|Place of birth||South Bend, Indiana|
|Profession||Founder, Impact International|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Personal
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Walorski previously served as a member of the Indiana House of Representatives from 2004-2010.
Walorski won election on November 6, 2012.
Walorski was born and raised in South Bend, Indiana. She first grew interested in politics upon hearing Ronald Reagan speak. After finishing college, she worked as a television reporter. Following this, she worked in high education institutions in underserved, rural areas in Indiana. During the September 11th attacks in 2001, Walorski and her husband were serving as Christian missionaries in Romania. Upon returning to Indiana, she ran for and got elected to the state Assembly. Her first bid for Congress in 2010 was not a successful one, but this would not be repeated in 2012, thanks to redistricting and incumbent Joe Donnelly running for the U.S. Senate.
- Riley High School in South Bend
- Taylor University, BA
- 2004-2010: Republican member of the Indiana House of Representatives, and represented the 21st District. She was the Assistant Minority Floor Leader.
- 1999-2003: Founder of Impact International
- 1997-1998: Indiana University, Director of Annual Giving
- 1991-1996: Ancilla College, Director of Institutional advancement
- 1989-1991: St. Joseph County Humane Society, Executive Director
- 1985-1989: WSBT-TV, televsion reporter
Walorski serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
- Subcommittee on Military Personnel
- Committee on Budget
- Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Walorski ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Indiana's 2nd District. Walorski won the nomination on the Republican ticket, defeating Greg Andrews. She defeated Brendan Mullen, Andrew Straw, and Joe Ruiz in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Independent||Kenneth R. Lunce, Jr. (Write-in)||0%||3|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
Impact of redistricting
The newly-drawn map was designed to produce seven districts which are favorable to the Republican Party and two which favor the Democratic Party. According to Roll Call, the 2nd district is the "first House seat of the cycle that Roll Call Politics has rated as likely to flip to the other party..."
According to Roll Call's Race Ratings "The most devastating change for 2nd district Democrats was the loss of Kokomo, a middle-class town with heavy union membership and reliable Donnelly voters. Kokomo is now split between the heavily Republican 4th and 5th districts". The new district also lost part of LaPorte County, including Michigan City, to the 1st district. Meanwhile, the district picked up Elkhart County.
The Howey Political Report rates Walorski likely to win this district, after she lost by only a percentage point in 2010. Donnelly's bid for Senate was prompted by the redistricting and the knowledge that he was unlikely to win in 2012.
Walorski was endorsed by Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund. On March 13, 2012, Walorski was endorsed by The Republican Second District Central Committee. Walorski has also obtained endorsements from the Eagle Forum, FreedomWorks for America, Indiana Chamber of Commerce, Indiana Right to Life, the National Rifle Association (NRA), and the Susan B. Anthony List.
Jackie Walorski did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Republican Jacqueline Walorski won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives District 21 receiving 17,605 votes, ahead of Independent Clyde James who received 232 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 21 (2008)|
|Jacqueline Walorski (R)||17,605|
|Clyde James (D)||232|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana's 2nd Congressional District, 2012 - Jackie Walorski Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponent||$1,273,259|
|Total Spent by Opponent||$1,268,023|
|Top contributors to Jackie Walorski's campaign committee|
|Richmond Master Distributors||$20,750|
|Susan B. Anthony List||$14,630|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Misc Manufacturing & Distributing||$65,875|
In 2008, Walorski collected $86,601 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Dan Herbster for Representative Committee||$4,000|
|Indiana Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Orland J. Corliss||$1,650|
|Willis R. Conner||$1,500|
|Build Indiana Council||$1,500|
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$1,000|
|Landscape Solutions Group||$1,000|
|Citizens for Terry Rodino||$1,000|
|Indiana Beverage Alliance||$1,000|
Walorski is a member of Calvary Temple and the World Harvest Ministerial Network of LeSea Ministries.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jackie + Walorski + Indiana + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- National Journal "Indiana, 2nd House District: Jackie Walorski (R)," November 7, 2012
- Stand with Jackie "About Jackie" Accessed January 26, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Roll Call "Race Ratings: GOP Poised to Scoop Up a Seat" Accessed February 28, 2012
- WIBC "Redistricting Reshuffles Congressional Races to Watch" Accessed October 16, 2012
- Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund "Walorski" Accessed May 1, 2012
- Stand with Jackie "Endorsements" Accessed May 1, 2012
- Indiana House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Open Secrets "Jackie Walorski 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed February 20, 2013
- Hotline On Call: National Journal "Hotline Sort: Big Blow to Berkley's Campaign" Accessed July 11, 2012
- Walorski Campaign Donors
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Walorski
Joe Donnelly (D)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Indiana, District 2
| Succeeded by|
|Indiana House of Representatives District 21
| Succeeded by|