Jackson H. Miller
|Jackson H. Miller|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 50|
|November 29, 2006 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserves|
|Years of service||10|
|Date of birth||04/30/1967|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
Prior to joining the House, Miller served on the Manassas City Council from 2004-2006, and was a Captain in the United States Army Reserves from 1989-1999. He earned his B.S. in urban planning from the Virginia Commonwealth University in 1990.
Delegate Miller discussing renewable energy
- Privileges and Elections
- Constitutional Amendments Subcommittee
- Appointments Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- HB 2130 Supplemental Highway Construction Fund; established.
- HB 2131 Gang-free zones; established on certain types of public and private property upon petition.
- HB 2580 Illegal immigrants; removes Code provision that prohibits an arrest thereof more frequently.
Miller is running for re-election to the District 50 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Miller was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Jeanette in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 50 (2009)|
|Jackson H. Miller (R)||7,651|
|Jeanette Rishell (D)||4,605|
The top 5 donors to Miller's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$107,436|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$18,913|
|Majority Whip PAC||$15,000|
|Friends of S. Chris Jones||$10,000|
Miller and his wife, Suzanne, have two children.
- Delegate Jackson Miller official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Miller
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |