Jackson H. Miller
|Jackson H. Miller|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 50|
|November 29, 2006 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserves|
|Years of service||10|
|Date of birth||04/30/1967|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
Prior to joining the House, Miller served on the Manassas City Council from 2004-2006, and was a Captain in the United States Army Reserves from 1989-1999. He earned his B.S. in urban planning from the Virginia Commonwealth University in 1990.
In the 2012-2013 session, Miller served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Miller served on the following committees:
- Privileges and Elections
- Constitutional Amendments Subcommittee
- Appointments Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- HB 2130 Supplemental Highway Construction Fund; established.
- HB 2131 Gang-free zones; established on certain types of public and private property upon petition.
- HB 2580 Illegal immigrants; removes Code provision that prohibits an arrest thereof more frequently.
Miller is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 50. Miller ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Miller was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Jeanette in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 50 (2009)|
|Jackson H. Miller (R)||7,651|
|Jeanette Rishell (D)||4,605|
In 2011, Miller received $175,481 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jackson H. Miller's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Association Of Realtors||$9,440|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$5,000|
|Virginia Hospital Association||$4,000|
|American Electric Power||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$175,481|
Delegate Miller discussing renewable energy
The top 5 donors to Miller's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$107,436|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$18,913|
|Majority Whip PAC||$15,000|
|Friends of S. Chris Jones||$10,000|
Miller and his wife, Suzanne, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jackson + Miller + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Jackson Miller official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Miller
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Miller
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Virginia Leadership Team," December 29, 2011
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |