Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 39|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
Highfill attended the University of Iowa, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Business.
Highfill's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Honor the Constitution
- Excerpt:"I believe in personal freedoms and that the individual should be responsible for the choices they make and not the government."
Lower Taxes and Remove Regulations on Iowa’s Job Creators
- Excerpt:"The best way to create private sector jobs is for the government to get out of the way and let job creators run their business."
Defend the 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt:"As your State Representative, I will stand firmly with gun owners and protect their rights."
Protect the Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt:"I believe that life begins at conception and that taxpayer dollars should not go to fund abortions."
Decrease the Size of Government
- Excerpt:"I believe a smaller government will help our community grow and prosper and it is what I will fight for at the State Capitol as your Representative."
Highfill is running in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 39. Highfill defeated incumbent Erik Helland in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Highfill will face Kelsey Clark (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Erik Helland Incumbent||47.9%||572|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jake + Highfill + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jake Highfill on Facebook
- Jake Highfill on Twitter
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |