|Iowa House of Representatives District 39|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Johnston High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
Highfill earned his B.S. in Business from the University of Iowa.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Highfill served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Local Government|
|• Natural Resources|
|• State Government, Vice-chair|
Highfill's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Honor the Constitution
- Excerpt:"I believe in personal freedoms and that the individual should be responsible for the choices they make and not the government."
Lower Taxes and Remove Regulations on Iowa’s Job Creators
- Excerpt:"The best way to create private sector jobs is for the government to get out of the way and let job creators run their business."
Defend the 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt:"As your State Representative, I will stand firmly with gun owners and protect their rights."
Protect the Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt:"I believe that life begins at conception and that taxpayer dollars should not go to fund abortions."
Decrease the Size of Government
- Excerpt:"I believe a smaller government will help our community grow and prosper and it is what I will fight for at the State Capitol as your Representative."
Highfill ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 39. Highfill defeated incumbent Erik Helland in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Highfill defeated Kelsey Clark (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Erik Helland Incumbent||47.9%||572|
Comprehensive donor information for Highfill is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Highfill raised a total of $29,754 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Jake Highfill's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 39||$29,754|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,754|
2012Highfill won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Highfill raised a total of $29,754.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jake Highfill's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$9,063|
|Highfill, Jake A||$6,400|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Citizens for Preservation of Racing||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,754|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jake + Highfill + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Highfill's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jake Highfill on Facebook
- Jake Highfill on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Dawn Pettengill (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |