Difference between revisions of "James Boyle"
m (Text replace - "==See Also==" to "==See also==")
|Line 184:||Line 184:|
<!-- 2014 categories -->
<!-- 2014 categories -->
Revision as of 19:49, 10 June 2014
|Maine State Senate, District 6|
|December 5, 2012 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine|
|Birthday||August 19, 1958|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Boyle served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
|• Environment and Natural Resources, Chair|
In a Portland Press Herald questionnaire, Boyle explained what he sought to accomplish upon winning office:
"I want to encourage economic improvement by putting policies in place that create jobs. I have created jobs as a small business owner, and I believe this gives me real world experience that’s needed in the Maine Senate "
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 6 incumbent James Boyle was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Amy Volk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Boyle faces Volk in the general election.
|Maine State Senate, District 30, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||James Boyle Incumbent||0%||0|
|Source: This table will be updated as results become available.|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Boyle won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 6. He defeated Timothy Driscoll in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and defeated Ruth Summers (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Maine State Senate, District 6 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Boyle is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Boyle raised a total of $62,672 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|James Boyle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 6||$62,672|
|Grand Total Raised||$62,672|
2012Boyle won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Boyle raised a total of $62,672.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Boyle's campaign in 2012|
|Boyle, James A||$57,281|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 716||$350|
|Maine State Employees Association Local 1989||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$62,672|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Boyle has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Boyle + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- James Boyle on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Portland Press Herald, "Voters Guide: State Legislature," accessed June 8, 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Maine Summary Vote Totals," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Boyle, James," accessed September 10, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "James Boyle's Biography," accessed February 18, 2014
Philip Bartlett (D)
|Maine Senate District 6
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|