|Wisconsin State Assembly District 37|
|Bachelor's||Maranatha Baptist Bible College|
|Master's||UW Milwaukee (in progress)|
|Profession||Librarian, school teacher|
Braughler was elected to the Watertown City council in 2002. On the council, his duties included serving on the Public Works Committee and Community Development Authority (CDA) board. When his term of office expired, he was re-appointed as a citizen volunteer on the CDA and has been Chairman ever since. In 2007, Braughler ran unsuccessfully for Mayor of Watertown. In 2008, Braughler was elected to the Jefferson County Board, where he still continues to serve. Braughler was appointed to the Infrastructure, Finance, Administration and Rules and Human Resources committees, where his county board colleagues elected him chairman. He currently serves as Chair of the Jefferson County Republican party.
Braughler’s list of volunteer civic activities include playing in the Watertown Municipal Band, serving the Watertown Historical Society, the 4th of July Parade Committee and singing as a regular soloist for the memorial service at the Main Street Bridge on Memorial Day.
Braughler works at the L.D. Fargo Library in Lake Mills. His job includes cataloging and processing interlibrary loans and at the circulation desk.
In a June 2012 statement for the DeForest Times, Braughler said: "I'm beginning my campaign with the goal of meeting more people in the district, listening to their hopes and desires for our government, and learning how we can work together to have our ideas and values represented in the legislature. One of my main goals will be to create a open door between the local governments of city and county with the state legislature. There seems to be a disconnect between the two and my experience at the local level is the natural bridge between the two."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Braughler ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 37. He was defeated by John Jagler in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Mary Arnold defeated Laura Cotting in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Democrat Andy Jorgensen is running in District 43. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 37 Republican Primary, 2012|
Braughler was endorsed by:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "James + Braughler + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Email - Braughlerfor37@yahoo.com
- Phone - 920-342-4758
- Braughler for 37th
- Jim Braughler on Facebook
- Braughler for the 37th on Facebook
- Jim Braughler on LinkedIn
- Jim Braughler on Project Vote Smart
- Watertown Daily Times, Braughler is focusing on growth in race for mayor, 12 Feb. 2007
- James Braughler Campaign Website, "About" accessed July 23, 2012
- DeForest Times, Cotting, Braughler begin campaigns, June 13, 2012
- Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
- Pro life Wisconsin, PLW Victory Fund Fall 2012 Candidate Endorsements, accessed July 22, 2012
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |