Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 44|
|1985 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||30|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Brennan's professional experience is as staff to New York State Assemblymember Joseph Ferris.
Brennan earned a BA from Yale University and a JD from Brooklyn Law School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brennan has been appointed to the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brennan served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 44 2010|
|James Brennan (D)||16,423|
|Alfred Caccamo (R)||4,124|
On November 4, 2008 Brennan won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 44, defeating opponent Yvette Bennett (R).
Brennan raised $16,500 for his campaign while Yvette Bennett raised $3,304.
|New York State Assembly, District 44 2008|
|James Brennan (D)||26,490|
|Yvette Bennett (R)||4,919|
In 2008, a year in which Brennan was up for election, he collected $16,500 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Communications Workers District 1||$1,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. James Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |