For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
James Brennan (New York)
|New York State Assembly District 44|
|1985 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||30|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Yale University, 1975|
|J.D.||Brooklyn Law School, 1982|
|Date of birth||04/17/1952|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Brennan's professional experience is as staff to New York State Assemblymember Joseph Ferris.
Brennan earned a BA from Yale University and a JD from Brooklyn Law School.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brennan has been appointed to the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brennan served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Brennan is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 44. He is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Working Families Party ticket. Catherine Fox is running unopposed in the Republican primary; she is also running on the Conservative Party ticket. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 44 2010|
|James Brennan (D)||16,423|
|Alfred Caccamo (R)||4,124|
On November 4, 2008 Brennan won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 44, defeating opponent Yvette Bennett (R).
Brennan raised $16,500 for his campaign while Yvette Bennett raised $3,304.
|New York State Assembly, District 44 2008|
|James Brennan (D)||26,490|
|Yvette Bennett (R)||4,919|
In 2010, Brennan received $62,923 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Brennan (New York)'s campaign in 2010|
|Brennan, James F||$10,000|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$62,923|
In 2008, a year in which Brennan was up for election, he collected $16,500 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Communications Workers District 1||$1,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. James Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Brennan
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to James Brennan
|New York Assembly - District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |