|New York State Assembly District 44|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Brennan's professional experience is as staff to New York State Assemblymember Joseph Ferris.
Brennan earned a BA from Yale University and a JD from Brooklyn Law School.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Brennan ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He faced Alfred Caccamo (R) in the general election on November 2.
On November 4, 2008 Brennan won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 44, defeating opponent Yvette Bennett (R).
Brennan raised $16,500 for his campaign while Yvette Bennett raised $3,304.
|New York State Assembly, District 44 2008|
|James Brennan (D)||26,490|
|Yvette Bennett (R)||4,919|
In 2008, a year in which Brennan was up for election, he collected $16,500 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Communications Workers District 1||$1,000|
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. James Brennan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |