|Illinois State Senate District 57|
|1995 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University|
|J.D.||University of Miami|
|Date of birth||December 29, 1963|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, Missouri|
Clayborne graduated from Tennessee State with his Bachelor's degree and from Miami-Florida Law with his Juris Doctor degree.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clayborne has been appointed to these committees:
- Assignments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clayborne served on these committees:
- Assignments Chairman
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments
- Telecommunications and Technology .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Clayborne is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 57 in the 2012 election. Clayborne defeated Wyatt Frazer in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. He faces Republican Dave Barnes in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 57 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James Clayborne Incumbent||75.9%||10,568|
|Illinois State Senate, District 57 (2008)|
|James Clayborne (D)||76,108|
In 2008, Clayborne collected $1,055,519 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$50,000|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$20,800|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$16,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$15,500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits||$15,500|
|Wood Glen Pavilion||$12,500|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$12,500|
|Kings Food Phillips of Illinois Inc.||$11,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$10,042|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,000|
|Chicago Federation of Labor & Industrial Union Council||$10,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$8,500|
|Capitol Care Center||$8,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$8,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Clayborne + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Haine represents Illinois Senate District 57. District 57 includes the St. Louis Area suburbs in Illinois including Belleville and East St. Louis.
James is married to Stacy Clayborne. They have two children and reside in Belleville, Illinois.
- Sen. Clayborne's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Clayborne on State Surge
- James Clayborne on Twitter
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections "2012 Primary results"
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Clayborne Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 57
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |