|Illinois State Senate District 57|
|1995 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||East St. Louis Senior High School|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University|
|J.D.||University of Miami|
|Birthday||December 29, 1963|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, Missouri|
Clayborne graduated from Tennessee State with his Bachelor's degree and from Miami-Florida Law with his Juris Doctor degree.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clayborne served on these committees:
- Assignments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clayborne served on these committees:
- Assignments Chairman
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments
- Telecommunications and Technology .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Clayborne won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 57. Clayborne defeated Wyatt Frazer in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Dave Barnes (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 57, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||James Clayborne Incumbent||60%||54,596|
|Illinois State Senate, District 57 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James Clayborne Incumbent||75.9%||10,568|
|Illinois State Senate, District 57 (2008)|
|James Clayborne (D)||76,108|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Clayborne collected $1,055,519 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$50,000|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$20,800|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$16,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$15,500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits||$15,500|
|Wood Glen Pavilion||$12,500|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$12,500|
|Kings Food Phillips of Illinois Inc.||$11,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$10,042|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,000|
|Chicago Federation of Labor & Industrial Union Council||$10,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$8,500|
|Capitol Care Center||$8,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$8,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Clayborne + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Haine represents Illinois Senate District 57. District 57 includes the St. Louis Area suburbs in Illinois including Belleville and East St. Louis.
James is married to Stacy Clayborne. They have two children and reside in Belleville, Illinois.
- Biography, bills and committees from the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections "2012 Primary results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Clayborne Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 57
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |