|Illinois State Senate District 57|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Clayborne graduated from Tennessee State with his Bachelor's degree and from Miami-Florida Law with his Juris Doctor degree.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Clayborne has been appointed to these committees:
- Assignments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Clayborne served on these committees:
- Assignments Chairman
- Government Reform
- Pensions and Investments
- Telecommunications and Technology .
|Illinois State Senate, District 57 (2008)|
|James Clayborne (D)||76,108|
In 2008, Clayborne collected $1,055,519 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$50,000|
|AFSCME Illinois Council 31||$20,800|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$16,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$15,500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits||$15,500|
|Wood Glen Pavilion||$12,500|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$12,500|
|Kings Food Phillips of Illinois Inc.||$11,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$10,042|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$10,000|
|Chicago Federation of Labor & Industrial Union Council||$10,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$8,500|
|Capitol Care Center||$8,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$8,500|
Haine represents Illinois Senate District 57. District 57 includes the St. Louis Area suburbs in Illinois including Belleville and East St. Louis.
James is married to Stacy Clayborne. They have two children and reside in Belleville, Illinois.
- Sen. Clayborne's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Clayborne on State Surge
- James Clayborne on Twitter
|Illinois Senate District 57
| Succeeded by|