James Dixon (North Carolina)
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 4|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wake Forest University|
Dixon received a B.S. from Wake Forest University in 1969. He works as a turkey farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dixon served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Chair|
|• Regulatory Reform|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dixon served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Vice Chair|
Dixon ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated District 11 incumbent Efton M. Sager in the May 8, 2012 Republican primary. He defeated Rebecca Judge (D) and Kevin E. Hayes (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||James Dixon Incumbent||65%||20,371|
|Libertarian||Kevin E. Hayes||3.4%||1,053|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
|James Dixon Incumbent||62.3%||4,873|
|Efton M. Sager||37.7%||2,949|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 4 (2010)|
|James Dixon (R)||9,004||51.36%|
|Mott Blair (D)||8,527||48.64%|
Blair's Republican opponent says Blair is misleading voters. Dixon says Blair is obscuring his true positions on issues in a series of campaign mailers. In the pamphlets Blair attempts to distance himself from the Democratic Party, but he is the chair of the Duplin County Democratic Party and was a delegate to the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dixon raised a total of $95,769 in campaign contributions.
His five largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|North Carolina Republican Party||$30,697|
|Danny McComas Campaign||$4,000|
|Harold J Brubaker Campaign||$4,000|
|Cmte to Elect Thomas Tillis||$4,000|
|Stam for House||$4,000|
Dixon currently resides in Warsaw, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Dixon + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Jimmy Dixon," Accessed June 6, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of North Carolina Elected Officials and Leaders," January 19, 2012
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed June 22, 2012
- Official North Carolina Election Results, 2010
- Carolina Journal: Republican Says Democrat Misleads Voters
- 2010 campaign contributions
|North Carolina House - District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |