James H. Lewis II
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 42|
|Date of birth||10/05/1971|
|Place of birth||Detroit, Michigan|
Lewis attended Northwood University, receiving a Bachelor's in Business Administration.
Lewis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"There is no debate, even with the elimination of the ‘business tax’ our small businesses are still taxed out of business everyday in our state."
- Excerpt:"hat needs to be done is: the special interests union and administrative PACs need to be put in the corner and told, “you’ve had your turn” and that they’ll be invited back to the discussion when those stuck in the middle of the perpetual ‘tug-o-war’, taxpayers and parents get to have their say."
Non-homestead property tax
- Excerpt:"Livingston County residents should never have their life’s hard work punished and we must stop deterring investment in Michigan."
Right to work
- Excerpt:"I believe the right of the individual is inalienable. Government serves no GREATER purpose than the protection of that right. This includes the right to work."
- Excerpt:"I believe the role of government local or state or federal serves the purpose to protect contract law and enforce the law. As such, I believe the bridge and other bridges should be privately funded and managed."
Lewis was barred from a September 25 public debate at Cleary University's Johnson Center. The Executive Editor of the Livingston Daily Press & Argus, who moderates the debate, wrote that voters in the district are "best served by a format that only features candidates from the two major parties."
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 66 General election (2010)|
|William Rogers (R)||28,024|
|James Delcamp (D)||9,906|
|James Lewis (L)||1,218|
Lewis has a wife, Renee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Lewis + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "electjameslewis," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State "Unofficial Primary Candidate List"
- [http://brighton.patch.com/articles/third-party-42nd-house-district-candidate-plans-protest-after-barred-from-debate Brighton Patch, "42nd House District Candidate Plans Protest After Being Barred From Debate," September 18, 2012