For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa State Senate District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|High school||Muscatine High School, 1953|
|Date of birth||October 25, 1935|
|Place of birth||Muscatine, IA|
Hahn received his diploma from Muscatine High School in 1953.
Hahn has worked the Sand and Gravel Ready Mix family business and Fruits and Vegetables Family Business. He was a farmer from 1964 to 1990. In 1990 he worked as an Insurance Adjuster. He has been a Real Estate Salesperson since 1989.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hahn served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hahn served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rebuild Iowa Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Hahn ran for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, he ran in district 46. Hahn lost to District 42 incumbent Shawn Hamerlinck in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 46 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Shawn Hamerlinck Incumbent||60.9%||1,476|
|Jim Hahn Incumbent||39.1%||947|
|Iowa State Senate, District 40 (2008)|
|James Hahn (R)||14,134|
|Sharon Savage (D)||12,939|
In 2008 Hahn collected $143,067 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$49,705|
|Iowans for Tax Relief||$10,000|
|Iowa Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$3,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Hahn + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Hahn is widowed and has four children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of James Hahn
- Imagine Election Profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "MITT ROMNEY ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL MEMBERS OF IOWA LEADERSHIP TEAM," July 12, 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2012
- 2008 Iowa Election Results
- Money Raised by Iowa Candidates, 2008
- 2008 Contributions to James Hahn
|Iowa State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|
Ken Rozenboom (R)