|Washington State Senate District 24|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Washington State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University, 1976|
|Birthday||October 5, 1953|
|Place of birth||Portland, OR|
Hargrove earned his BS in Forest Management from Oregon State University in 1976. Hargrove has been a professional forester since 1977. He is also a business owner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hargrove served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services & Corrections|
|• Natural Resources & Parks|
|• Ways & Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hargrove served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Human Services & Corrections, Chair|
|• Natural Resources, Ocean & Recreation|
|• Joint Transportation|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Hargrove won re-election in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate District 24. Hargrove was unopposed in the blanket primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Larry Carter (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Hargrove Incumbent||65.4%||44,417|
On November 4, 2008, Hargrove ran unopposed and was re-elected for the 24th District of the Washington State Senate receiving 52,742 votes.
Hargrove raised $70,244 for his campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 24 (2008)|
|James Hargrove (D)||52,742|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Hargrove collected $70,244 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to his campaign. 
|Washington State Dental Association||$1,600|
|Washington Multi-Family Housing Association||$1,600|
|Washington Beverage Association||$1,600|
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Hargrove proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $287.2 million, the 18th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 46 Washington state senators on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
Hargrove is married to Laurie Hargrove. They have three grown children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "James + Hargrove + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- James Hargrove on the Washington State Senate website
- Senate Democrats website
- Legislative profile of Hargrove on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Hargrove on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1990
- Washington Votes profile of Hargrove
- 24th Legislative District Map
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Hargrove
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State Senate," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," retrieved July 16, 2012
- Follow the Money's report on Hargrove's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to James Hargrove
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state senators by proposed new taxes and fees
|Washington State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|