|New Jersey State Senate, District 10|
|2012 - Present|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Assistant Majority Whip, New Jersey General Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 10|
|January 1994 - 2012|
|J.D.||Seton Hall University School of Law|
|Birthday||October 9, 1944|
|Profession||Senior Managing Partner, Citta, Holzapfel, Zabarsky|
Holzapfel served in the New Jersey General Assembly, representing the 10th District from his appointment in 1994 until 2012. While in the General Assembly, he served as Parliamentarian from 2010-2012.
Holzapfel received his B.A. in Pre-Law from Monmouth College. He later received his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law. Holzapfel works as senior managing partner for Citta, Holzapfel, and Zabarsky. He has been a prosecutor with the Ocean County Prosecutors Office from 1987-1992, and a partner with Citta, Holzapfel, Citta, Mallard, and Zabarsky from 1969-1987.
- A902 Establishes animal cruelty offenses pertaining to chaining or other restraint of animals.
- A1222 "Homestead School Property Tax Reimbursement Act"; provides State reimbursement for 50% of school property taxes paid by seniors, 65 years and older.
- A2833 Requires State agencies to review operations and to implement use of Internet to conduct public business when cost savings may be realized, with certain exceptions.
- A3571 Requires public body to publish notice of public meeting on official Internet website.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Holzapfel ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 10. Holzapfel was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary and is challenged by John Bendel (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See Also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Holzapfel won the District 10 State Senate seat in 2011. He ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary election. Holzapfel defeated Democrat Charles Tivenan in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 10 General Election, 2011|
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Tenth Legislative District (2009)|
|David W. Wolfe (R)||47,336|
|Jim Holzapfel (R)||45,916|
|Charles P. Tivenan (D)||18,739|
|Eli L. Eytan (D)||18,090|
In 2011, Holzapfel received $203,064 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Holzapfel's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Ciesla For Senate||$8,200|
|Ruthanne Scaturro For Assembly||$8,200|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$2,600|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$2,050|
|Total Raised in 2011||$203,064|
|Total Votes received in 2011||28,675|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.08|
Below are Holzapfel's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|NJ Realtors Assoc||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Assoc||$4,200|
|State Troopers Fraternal Assoc of NJ PAC Fund||$3,000|
|Liberty Realtor PAC||$1,000|
Holzapfel and his wife, Joyce, live in Toms River, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term ""James + Holzapfel" + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 10th legislative district - Assm. James Holzapfel
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Holzapfel
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Ocean County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey State Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|
|New Jersey General Assembly
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |