For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 10|
|2012 - Present|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Assistant Majority Whip, New Jersey General Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 10|
|January 1994 - 2012|
|J.D.||Seton Hall University School of Law|
|Date of birth||October 9, 1944|
|Profession||Senior Managing Partner, Citta, Holzapfel, Zabarsky|
Holzapfel served in the New Jersey General Assembly, representing the 10th District from his appointment in 1994 until 2012. While in the General Assembly, he served as Parliamentarian from 2010-2012.
Holzapfel received his B.A. in Pre-Law from Monmouth College. He later received his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law. Holzapfel works as senior managing partner for Citta, Holzapfel, and Zabarsky. He has been a prosecutor with the Ocean County Prosecutors Office from 1987-1992, and a partner with Citta, Holzapfel, Citta, Mallard, and Zabarsky from 1969-1987.
- A902 Establishes animal cruelty offenses pertaining to chaining or other restraint of animals.
- A1222 "Homestead School Property Tax Reimbursement Act"; provides State reimbursement for 50% of school property taxes paid by seniors, 65 years and older.
- A2833 Requires State agencies to review operations and to implement use of Internet to conduct public business when cost savings may be realized, with certain exceptions.
- A3571 Requires public body to publish notice of public meeting on official Internet website.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Holzapfel ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 10. Holzapfel was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary and is challenged by John Bendel (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See Also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Holzapfel won the District 10 State Senate seat in 2011. He ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary election. Holzapfel defeated Democrat Charles Tivenan in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 10 General Election, 2011|
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Tenth Legislative District (2009)|
|David W. Wolfe (R)||47,336|
|Jim Holzapfel (R)||45,916|
|Charles P. Tivenan (D)||18,739|
|Eli L. Eytan (D)||18,090|
In 2011, Holzapfel received $203,064 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Holzapfel's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Ciesla For Senate||$8,200|
|Ruthanne Scaturro For Assembly||$8,200|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$2,600|
|New Jersey Funeral Directors Association||$2,050|
|Total Raised in 2011||$203,064|
|Total Votes received in 2011||28,675|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.08|
Below are Holzapfel's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|NJ Realtors Assoc||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Assoc||$4,200|
|State Troopers Fraternal Assoc of NJ PAC Fund||$3,000|
|Liberty Realtor PAC||$1,000|
Holzapfel and his wife, Joyce, live in Toms River, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term ""James + Holzapfel" + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 10th legislative district - Assm. James Holzapfel
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Holzapfel
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Ocean County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey State Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|
|New Jersey General Assembly
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |