James King (Maryland)
|Maryland House of Delegates District 33A|
| Term in office began|
January 10, 2007
| Term in office ended|
January 12, 2011
King is a businessman. He serves on the Restaurant Association of Maryland Board of Directors, Anne Arundel Cabinet of the United Way of Central Maryland, and the Connor Cares Foundation Board of Directors.
King is Chair of the Commission to Study the Feasibility of Establishing a Law Enforcement Officers' Memorial.
- Base Realignment & Closure
- Economic Matters
- Subcommittee on Alcoholic Beverages
- Subcommittee on Business Regulation
- Unemployment Insurance Oversight
- Subcommittee on Unemployment Insurance
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
King did not run for re-election to the House of Delegates, but rather ran unsuccessfully for Senate District 33. King lost to Edward R. Reilly in the September 14 Republican Primary.
James King raised $103,502 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 33A|
|James King (R)||18,542||29.0%|
|Tony McConkey (R)||16,655||26.0%|
|Patricia Weathersbee (D)||15,226||23.8%|
|Paul Rudolph (D)||13,461||21.0%|
In 2006 James King collected http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=92404 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Restaurant Association of Maryland||$5,306|
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. James King
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
|Maryland House of Delegates District 33A
2007–January 12, 2011
| Succeeded by|
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |