James Mahoney III
|James Mahoney III|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 3|
|High school||Merrillville Senior High School|
|Bachelor's||Indiana State University|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Date of birth||July 7, 1956|
|Place of birth||South Bend, Indiana|
Mahoney has had a variety jobs throughout his career. He has worked in public service in parks departments. He also worked as an assistant manager of Walgreen's and in law enforcement. He was disabled following a workplace injury in December 1990.
Mahoney has been active politically. Prior to running for Congress he served as a delegate to the Republican State Convention and was the Republican nominee for the District 13 seat of the Indiana House of Representatives against Chester Dobis.
- Excerpt: "I want to bring deficiets down in a reasonable pace by increasing revenue and cutting programs which have outlived their days."
- Excerpt: "The federal government needs to investigate the usage of private [penal] institutions, because, as we may not particularly always agree, prisoners have rights too."
- Excerpt: "he role of a federal government in education is to support state and local governments in financing primary and secondary education. On the college level, the federal government must provide the student aid to those who need the aid and who can make grade."
- Foreign policy
- Excerpt: "No longer should the United States support viewpoints that are opposed to our way of life."
- Excerpt: "I am opposed to the Affordable Care Act as it is currently written and I would like to repeal and replace it, keeping the best parts of ObamaCare, i.e. expanding Medicaid and eliminating limits on pre-existing conditions, but expanding the size of provider networks so that more people can get a doctor of their choice."
- Excerpt: " It is not feasible for the U.S. government to deport 11 million illegal immigrants, nor is it feasible to provide the closure of the border without the full use of the United States military, and even if possible, the cost would be astronomical. However, both sides can solve this problem by working together and finding a middle ground. I would not, however, support a blank check for amnesty."
|U.S. House, Indiana District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Marlin Stutzman Incumbent||81.7%||48,837|
|Source: Indiana Division of Elections|
Mahoney and his wife, Linda, live in Huntington, Indiana. They have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Mahoney + Indiana + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Indiana's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Indiana's 3rd Congressional District
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed February 5, 2014
- Associated Press, "2014 primary results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Mahoney for Congress: "About me," accessed February 24, 2014
- Information Submitted Through Ballotpedia's Biographical Submission Form on February 13, 2014
- Mahoney for Congress: "Issues," accessed February 24, 2014