Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Georgia, District 8|
|January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011|
|Service/branch||United States Army Rangers|
|Years of service||1968-1970|
|Citations||Bronze star (2), Purple Heart|
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Marshall has voted with the House Democratic leadership 88.5% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 89.3% of the time in 2010.
In addition, Rep. Marshall supported the stimulus bill. 57% of U.S. voters believe that the stimulus has either hurt the economy (36%) or had no impact (21%). 38% believe the stimulus helped the economy.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post, concludes that he votes 89% of the time with the majority of other Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- A Line of Sight "2010 House Dem Voting Report"
- Gallup "Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress," September 13, 2010
- US House Clerk "Roll Call 46," January 28, 2009
- Rasmussen "38% Say Stimulus Plan Helped Economy, 36% Say It Hurt," August 24, 2010
- Washington Post "U.S. Congress Votes Database, 111th Congress"