Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 17|
Russell is an insurance case manager.
Russell ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 17th District. He sought the nomination on the Republican Party ticket. He lost in the June 26, 2012, primary to Joe Carvin.
U.S. Representative Bob Turner endorsed Russell's primary opponent, Joe Carvin, stating that Russell was an "extremist" "who has been categorically disavowed by Republican and Conservative leaders for what has widely been deemed White Separatist and anti-Semitic views."
For his part, Russell criticized Carvin for voting for Barack Obama for president in 2008, and said Carving was a "liberal millionaire."
In 2010, Russell ran against Democratic incumbent Nita Lowey. Before the election, it came out that Russell had written an essay in 2001 questioning the effects of racial integration. The Republican Party withdrew support for Russell's campaign, and he lost to Lowey. Russell says his essay was taken out of context, and that he isn't a racist as some Republican leaders say.
|U.S. House, New York District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, New York District 18 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Nita M. Lowey Incumbent||61.7%||115,619|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Russell + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York's 17th Congressional District
- New York's 17th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- The Examiner News "Primary Preview: Carvin vs. Russell for GOP’s 17th C.D. Nod," June 22, 2012
- Rockland Journal News "Turner endorses Carvin for Congress," June 18, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |