James Weeks II
|James Weeks II|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 47|
Weeks' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"James Weeks II supports the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment and well as the MI State Constitution to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense."
- Excerpt:"Government should neither deny nor abridge any individual's human right based upon sex, wealth, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference, sexual orientation or anything else."
War on (Some) Drugs
- Excerpt:"James Weeks II supports across the board legalization of all drugs, for drug use is a victimless crime. Without a victim it can not be a crime, only a vice."
- Excerpt:"James Weeks II believes we need to eliminate regulations for they impair the growth of small businesses, for small businesses are the backbone of market."
- Excerpt:"James Weeks II will fight to eliminate all forced taxation whether it be income tax, sales tax or pension tax, for taxation is theft, and he will not replace it with any other means of raising funds by force."
Weeks ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 47. He ran as a Libertarian Party candidate and was defeated by incumbent Cindy Denby (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cindy Denby Incumbent||64.1%||27,621|
|Libertarian||James Weeks II||3.7%||1,607|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Weeks II + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |