Mississippi State House, District 116
|Profession||Management, IP Casino Resort Spa|
Creel works as a member of management for IP Casino Resort Spa. Creel is active in a local church and coaches in a youth sports leagues.
In an interview with a local website, Creel expounded on his policy positions and campaign themes:
- Building Consensus: "To be effective, you must be a consensus builder; listen first, gain the trust and support of your colleagues and then move to accomplish your goals."
- Conservative Values: "The principles of faith in God, strong family values and fiscal responsibility have always been the cornerstone of my actions."
- Budget: "There are still Katrina-related problems that we must address and our State’s budget situation is dire."
- Other Concerns: Creel goes on to note the importance of affordable insurance, improved transportation, sufficient school funding, and redistricting.
Creel was defeated in the January 11, 2011 special election to Mississippi House of Representatives District 116. Jim Atchison (R) and Casey Eure (R) garnered the most votes in the special election. The race will proceed to a run-off.
- Go To Places Monthly, "Jamie Creel wants to be the Voice for District 116," December 3, 2010
- Madison County Journal, "Election time again already," December 15, 2010