|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 67|
|1997 - Present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Malik earned his AA from Dean Junior College. He currently works as owner of Malik's Liquors.
Malik joined the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 1997. He has served in that position since, representing the 67th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Malik served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Small Business|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Malik served on these committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Malik served on these committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Environment and Natural Resources, Chair|
|• Separation of Powers and Oversight, Vice Chair|
Sales Tax Repeal Act of 2013
Jan Malik video about the Rhode Island Sales Tax Repeal Act of 2013.
Malik won re-election in the 2012 election forRhode Island House of Representatives District 67. Malik was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated Peter Costa Jr. in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jan Malik Incumbent||55.1%||3,634|
|Republican||Peter Costa Jr.||44.8%||2,958|
Malik won re-election to the 67th District Seat in 2010. She was unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary and defeated independent Joseph Depasquale in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Rhode Island House District 67|
|Jan Malik (D)||2465|
|Joseph Depasquale (I)||2197|
|Rhode Island District 67|
|Jan Malik (D)||4,658|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Malik raised $5,175 in campaign donations. The top contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jan Malik's campaign in 2010|
|Friends Of Gregory Schadone||$1,000|
|National Rifle Association||$300|
|Lopes, Matthew A||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,175|
Malik and his wife, Mary, have two children.
- Rhode Island House of Representative - Rep. Malik
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- [http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/News/pr1.asp?prid=8897 Rhode Island General Assembly "Press Release," February 12, 2013
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections "Rhode Island Secretary of State," Accessed July 9, 2012
- Unofficial results for Rhode Island District 67 state representative Democratic primary, 9/14/2010
- General election results
- Rhode Island House election results
- Campaign funds
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign Contributions
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 67
| Succeeded by|