|Los Angeles City Council District 9|
|Los Angeles City Council President Pro Tempore|
|Los Angeles Assistant Council President Pro Tempore|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California (journalism)|
|Master's||University of Southern California (public administration)|
- See also: Los Angeles mayoral election, 2013
|Mayor of Los Angeles, Primary, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Addie M. Miller||0.5%||1,810|
|Nonpartisan||Yehuda "Yj" Draiman||0.4%||1,543|
|Source: Los Angeles City Clerk|
At a campaign forum held in Koreatown on November 14, Perry opposed a City of Los Angeles Pension Reform Initiative. The pension reform measure, which did not ultimately make the ballot, was sponsored by former mayor Richard Riordan. Garcetti and Greuel also opposed the Riordan plan, while Kevin James supported it.
With respect to Riordan's plan, Perry said, "I think converting from pensions to a 401(k) is a highly risky proposition that could back money out of the general fund."
If approved, the sales tax would have increased by half-a-cent on the purchase of goods and services made within the city.
Perry said that she planned to focus on her opposition to the sales tax as "one of her speaking points" during her campaign.
Perry was opposed to the way that the boundaries of the Los Angeles City Council districts were changed after the 2010 census, saying, "It was transactional politics at its worst."
Through December 31, 2012, Perry had raised slightly over $2.2 million for her campaign, including matching funds. This put her in a distant third in the campaign's fundraising horserace, coming in behind Eric Garcetti and Wendy Greuel, who had each raised about $4 million by the end of 2012.,
This chart shows fundraising totals for the mayoral election's "Big 5" candidates through February 27, 2013:
|Candidate||Contributions rec'd||Expenses||Cash on hand||Matching funds|
- Daily Breeze, "Filing period opens for March elections in South Bay, Los Angeles", November 11, 2012
- Los Angeles Times, "Riordan agrees to debates over city retirement benefits plan", November 15, 2012
- Los Angeles Times, "L.A. mayoral candidates debate Riordan pension overhaul plan", November 15, 2012
- Los Angeles Daily News, "Los Angeles City Council votes to put sales tax hike on March ballot", November 13, 2012
- Los Angeles Daily News, "Los Angeles mayoral candidates unite against proposed sales tax hike", November 14, 2012
- Los Angeles Times, "Greuel, Garcetti campaigns for L.A. mayor are ahead in fundraising", January 10, 2013
- Los Angeles Times, "Eric Garcetti edges Wendy Greuel in L.A. mayoral race fundraising", October 11, 2012