Difference between revisions of "Jane Bidwell"
m (Text replace - "[http://nj.gov/state/elections/2013-results/2013-official-general-candidates-state-senate-0912.pdf ''New Jersey Department of State'', "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013]</ref> " to "[http://nj.gov/state/elections/20)
m (Text replace - "endorsements include the" to "endorsements included the")
|Line 86:||Line 86:|
Bidwell’s endorsements the following: <ref>[http://www.politickernj.com/66374/afl-cio-endorses-candidates-elections ''PolitickerNJ.com'', "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 5, 2013]</ref>
:*The New Jersey AFL-CIO
:*The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Revision as of 16:24, 8 November 2013
|New Jersey State Senate, District 39|
|Committeewoman, Bergen County|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
|Master's||New York University|
Bidwell received her undergraduate degree in Communications from Michigan State University. She later received a Masters of Social Work from New York University. Bidwell is a clinical social worker and the president of Bidwell Consulting Inc. She has been a member of the Bergen County Committee since 2003.
Bidwell's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Putting People Back to Work
"As your next state Senator, I would support practical incentives to attract “clean and green” industries and new businesses into the Garden State. This will create more new jobs for New Jersey residents. I would support the “Angel Investor Tax Credit Act” that rewards business for investing in emerging technologies."
- Share Services to Stabilize Taxes
"I support measures to be introduced in the Legislature that will broaden and refund Local Unit Alignment, Reorganization and Consolidation Commission (LUARCC) so it can help shape regional service agreements, promote more shared services and create joint contracts between municipalities."
- Fight for Women's Healthcare and Pay Equity
"As your next state Senator, I will fight to restore women’s healthcare funding. I believe it is vital that all women have access to affordable, quality healthcare and preventative medicine."
- Champion Marriage Equality
"I firmly believe same-sex couples deserve the freedom to marry. This is not a “special right.” It is an equal right. I want marriage equality to become reality in New Jersey."
- Safeguard Funds for Veterans' Services
"I will fight to restore funds to our state disabilities system so it can provide real and quantifiable help to veterans and others diagnosed with behavioral health issues."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Bidwell ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 39. Bidwell was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She was defeated by incumbent Gerald Cardinale (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013. 
Bidwell’s endorsements included the following: 
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Bidwell has one child. She currently resides in Mahwah, New Jersey. Bidwell is a member of the National Academy of the Recording Arts and Sciences.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jane + Bidwell + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- About, Bidwell for Senate, Access May 16, 2013
- LinkedIn page, Accessed May 16, 2013
- Issues, Bidwell for Senate, Accessed May 16, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 5, 2013