Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 142|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||President, Philip M. and Jane Lewis Corwin Foundation|
Corwin is president of Philip M. and Jane Lewis Corwin Foundation. Her professional experiences also include secretary and treasurer of The Talking Phone Book and research director of Henry Ansbacher, Incorporated.
Corwin earned a BA in psychology from the State University of New York at Albany and a MBA in finance from Pace University. She and her husband, Philip, have three children; Melanie, Kellie, and William.
Corwin ran unsuccessfully in the special election for New York's 26th Congressional District. The special election was on May 24, 2011. Corwin was defeated by Kathy Hochul (D).
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Corwin has been appointed to the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Corwin served on the following committees:
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
Corwin ran unsuccessfully in a special election for U.S. House District 26. While considered an early favorite in the race to replace the seat previously held by U.S. Representative Chris Lee, Corwin was defeated by Kathy Hochul in the May 24, 2011 special election. A third candidate in the race -- Jack Davis -- garnered more votes than was the difference between Corwin and Hochul.
Corwin has requested a recount and filed a legal injunction to delay the outright declaration of a winner.
Corwin was unopposed September 14 Republican primary. She was also unopposed in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 142 2010|
|Jane Corwin (R)||37,669|
On November 4, 2008 Corwin won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 142, defeating opponent Jeffrey Bono (WF).
Corwin raised $364,992 for his campaign while Bono raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 142 2008|
|Jane Corwin (R)||32,293|
|Jeffrey Bono (WF)||4,084|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Jane Corwin
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Corwin
- New York Times "Democrat Wins G.O.P. Seat; Rebuke Seen to Medicare Plan," May 24, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- New York Daily News "Democrat Kathy Hochul topples Republican Jane Corwin to grab crucial upstate congressional seat," May 25, 2011
- Daily Caller "Corwin gets court order, takes first step toward recount in NY-26 race," May 24, 2011
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
|New York Assembly - District 142
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |