|Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Sandy Garrett (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma (1974)|
|Master's||University of Oklahoma (1975)|
|Other||DDS, University of Oklahoma (1984)|
Barresi worked the Harrah and Norman public school systems as a speech pathologist. She then worked in the Department of Otolaryngology at the O.U. Health Sciences Center. In 1984, she eared her DDS degree and became a dentist. After 24 years she retired from the business to concentrate on educational issues. Barresi established Oklahoma’s first charter school in the Oklahoma City public school district, Independence Charter Middle School. A few years later she started Harding Charter Preparatory High School.
- DDS, University of Oklahoma, 1984
- MS, Speech and Language Disorders, University of Oklahoma 1975
- BA, Education, University of Oklahoma, 1974
Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction (2011-present)
Barresi has served as Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction since 2011.
Barresi is eligible to run for re-election as Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2014. She has not yet made her intentions in the race known.
Barresi was first elected Superintendent of Public Instruction in 2010.
|Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction, 2010|
|Independent||Richard E. Cooper||6.4%||65,243|
Comprehensive donor information for Barresi is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Barresi raised a total of $2,358,183 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
|Janet Barresi's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||OK Superintendent of Public Instruction||$887,275|
|2010||OK Superintendent of Public Instruction||$1,470,908|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,358,183|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Janet Barresi's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Janet Barresi's Campaign Contributions|
Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$851,921 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Janet Barresi||$1,006,345|
|Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma||$5,000|
Senate Opportunity PAC
|Benjamin Barresi and 14 other individual donors||$5,000 each|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janet + Barresi + Oklahoma + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Superintendent Janet Barresi Defends AF Grading System - news9.com KWTV
- Oklahoma education officials say repeal of Common Core 'unlikely' - Tulsa World
- Janet Barresi to visit Bartlesville schools on Wednesday - Tulsa World
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal of Common Core ... - Grandlakenews
- Online Comments - Tulsa World
- Despite opposition to new school standards, officials say repeal of Common ... - Norman Transcript
- Flashpoint: State superintendent Barresi discusses AF grading system - kfor.com
- Flashpoint: OEA president talks Barresi, A-F grading system - kfor.com
- First Annual Oklahoma RoundUp IT Conference Slated for Dec. 11 - MarketWatch
- State teachers' group gives education boss an 'F' - Muskogee Daily Phoenix
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Barresi's biography
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Janet Barresi on Twitter
- Facebook profile
- Janet Barresi on Flickr
- Janet Barresi on YouTube
- LinkedIn profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
|Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction
| Succeeded by|