|Wisconsin State Assembly District 74|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Case Western Reserve University, 1973|
|Master's||University of Maine, 1977|
|Place of birth||Painesville, OH|
Bewley was a WHEDA (Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority) Senior Community Development Officer, State Tribal Liaison, and Business Development Officer, and served on the Ashland City Council from 2007-2009.
She holds a BA from Case Western Reserve University and an MEd from the University of Maine.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bewley has been appointed to these committees:
- Forestry Committee
- Homeland Security and State Affairs Committee
- Housing Committee
- Transportation Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Bewley is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 74. Bewley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. John Sendra ran unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74 General Election (2010)|
|Janet Bewley (D)||11,418|
|Shirl LaBarre (R)||10,117|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Janet Bewley (D)||3,687||67.32%|
|Gene Luoma (D)||1,708||32.68%|
Bewley lists her support for the following general positions on her website:
- Dependable jobs
- Quality education funded fairly
- Sensible stewardship of our natural resources
- Strong, thriving hometowns." 
In 2010, when Bewley first won election to the State Assembly, she collected $50,250 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Teaching Assistants Association||$500|
|West Central Education Association||$500|
|Lawton for Governor||$500|
|Northwest United Educators||$500|
|Cedar Lake United Educators||$500|
|Wisconsin Federation of Teachers||$500|
|United Transportation Union||$500|
|9 individual donors||$500 each|
Bewley is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Janet + Bewley + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- http://legis.wisconsin.gov/W3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=74 Janet Bewley on the Wisconsin State Assembly website]
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Campaign website
- Bewley on Facebook
- Bewley's campaign website - Meet Janet
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Janey Bewley candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
Gary Sherman (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 74
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |