|Wisconsin State Assembly District 74|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Case Western Reserve University, 1973|
|Master's||University of Maine, 1977|
|Place of birth||Painesville, OH|
Bewley holds a B.A. from Case Western Reserve University and an M.Ed. from the University of Maine.
Bewley was a WHEDA (Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority) Senior Community Development Officer, State Tribal Liaison, and Business Development Officer, and served on the Ashland City Council from 2007 to 2009.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bewley served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Colleges and Universities|
|• Housing and Real Estate|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security|
|• Rural Affairs|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bewley served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Homeland Security and State Affairs|
Bewley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Dependable jobs"
- "Quality education funded fairly"
- "Sensible stewardship of our natural resources"
- "Strong, thriving hometowns."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Janet Bewley defeated Gary Kauther and Thomas Ratzlaff in the Democratic primary. Dane Deutsch was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bewley will face Deutsch in the general election.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Bewley won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 74. Bewley ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated John Sendra (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Janet Bewley Incumbent||59%||18,582|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74 General Election (2010)|
|Janet Bewley (D)||11,418|
|Shirl LaBarre (R)||10,117|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Janet Bewley (D)||3,687||67.32%|
|Gene Luoma (D)||1,708||32.68%|
Comprehensive donor information for Bewley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bewley raised a total of $97,634 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Janet Bewley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74||$47,384|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 74||$50,250|
|Grand Total Raised||$97,634|
2012Bewley won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Bewley raised a total of $47,384.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Janet Bewley's campaign in 2012|
|Vilas County Democratic Party||$750|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 434||$750|
|Wisconsin Society of Anesthesiologists||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$47,384|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Bewley won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Bewley raised a total of $50,250.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Janet Bewley's campaign in 2010|
|West Central Education Association||$500|
|Northwest United Educators||$500|
|Van Sant, Bill||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$50,250|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Bewley is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Janet + Bewley + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Janet Bewley on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Campaign website
- Bewley on Facebook
- Janet Bewley's, "Meet Janet," accessed May 6, 2014
- Janet Bewley, "Campaign website," accessed May 6, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary," accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Bewley, Janet," accessed June 7, 2013
Gary Sherman (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 74
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |