|Virginia Senate District 32|
|1991 - Present|
|January 11, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
Howell received a B.A. at Oberlin College and M.A. at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Privileges and Elections, Chair
- Courts of Justice
- Education and Health Committee
- Finance Committee
- Senate Rules
Howell represents Virginia Senate District 32. Senate District 32 includes Fairfax County(part).
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Howell raised $241,951 for her campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 32 (2007)|
|Janet Howell (D)||28,089||97.17%|
Below are Howell's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Suzann W. Matthews||$15,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$7,500|
|Dominion (Energy & Natural Resources)||$7,500|
|MVM Inc. (Security)||$5,000|
Howell was born in Washington, D.C. on May 7, 1944.
- Sen. Howell's website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
|Virginia Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|