|Vice Chairperson of the Federal Reserve|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||April 29, 2010|
|Confirmed||September 30, 2010|
|Appointed||October 4, 2010|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Economic Policy Committee of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)|
|Chair of Council of Economic Advisers|
|Member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors|
|High school||Fort Hamilton High School|
|Date of birth||August 13, 1946|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
Yellen previously served on the Board of Governors, with the Organization for Cooperation and Development (OECD) and as a professor at UC Berkeley, Harvard University and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Yellen was born in New York, New York and attended Fort Hamilton High School before graduating with a degree in economics from Brown University. She earned a Ph.D. in economics from Yale University. She also has two honorary degrees, one from Brown and another from Bard College. She is also an author.
- 1967: Graduated from Brown University
- 1971: Earned Ph.D. from Yale University
- 1971-1976: Assistant Professor at Harvard University
- 1977-1978: Economist for the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- 1978-1980: Lecturer at The London School of Economics and Political Science
- 1980-1994: Faculty member University of California at Berkeley
- 1994-1997: Member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- 1997-1999: Chair of the OECD
- 1997-1999: Appointed by President Clinton as the Chair of Council of Economic Advisers
- 2004-2010: President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- 2010-Present: Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
Yellen is married to Nobel Prize-winning economist George Akerlof with whom she has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Janet + Yellen + Federal + Reserve
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bloomberg, "Yellen, Raskin Win Senate Approval for Fed Board of Governors," September 30, 2010
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, "Janet L. Yellen," accessed October 9, 2013
- Business Insider, "Janet Yellen's High School Friends Remember Her As Brilliant And Imperturbable," October 9, 2013
- CNN, "Janet Yellen Fast Facts," September 25, 2013