|Connecticut House of Representatives District 138|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 5, 2013
Giegler was a Substitute Teacher with the Danbury Public School System from 1999-2002, and has been an Administrator/Coordinator with an outpatient psychiatric clinic.
She is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice, and State Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Giegler has been appointed to these committees:
- Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Internship Committee, Connecticut General Assembly, Ranking Member
- Public Safety and Security Committee, Connecticut General Assembly, Ranking Member
- Transportation Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Giegler served on these committees:
- Executive and Legislative Nominations
- Internship (Co-Chair)
- Public Health (Ranking Member)
Giegler ran for re-election to the 138th District seat in 2010. Giegler ran unopposed in the primary and general election.
On November 4, 2008, Giegler won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 138th District, defeating William Melillo (D). Giegler received 4,161 votes in the election while Melillo received 3,764 votes. Giegler raised $27,636 for her campaign; Melillo raised $32,011.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 138|
|Janice Giegler (R and I)||4,161|
|William Melillo (D)||3,764|
In 2010, Giegler raised $13,265 in contributions. 
Her largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $7,335 to her campaign.
Listed below is the largest contributor to Janice Giegler's 2008 campaign.
- Connecticut House Republicans - Rep. Janice Giegler
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
|Connecticut State House District 138
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |