|Wisconsin State Assembly District 80|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Ringhand was Mayor of Evansville from 2002-2006, after serving as an alderwoman from 1998-2002 and president of city council from 2000-2002.
She is a graduate of Madison Area Technical College in 1985, and is a former accountant.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ringhand has been appointed to these committees:
- Rural Economic Development Committee
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Ringhand won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 45. Ringhand defeated Sheila De Forest in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Beth Schmidt (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Janis Ringhand Incumbent||63.7%||15,753|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Janis Ringhand Incumbent||63%||1,820|
|Sheila De Forest||37%||1,071|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 80 General Election (2010)|
|Janis Ringhand (D)||12,097|
|Dan Henke (R)||10,795|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 80 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Janis Ringhand (D)||2,086||99.57%|
- Taxes - "my strong belief that we must not undo laws that banned accounting gimmicks that allowed large corporations to dodge taxes by locating post office boxes in another state."
- "I hold a strong belief in public service. "
- "Another issue I feel a special passion for is renewable energy. "
In 2010, when Ringhand first won election to the State Assembly, she collected $67,566 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Democratic Party of Dane County||$2,499|
|Service Employees Wisconsin State Council||$500|
|Wisconsin Physician & Dentist Association||$500|
|Electrical Workers Local 159||$500|
|Wisconsin Education Association||$500|
|Democratic Party of Green County||$500|
|12 individual donors||$500 each|
Ringhand and her husband, Gordon, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Janis + Ringhand + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Ringhand on Facebook
- Ringhand's profile on LinkedIn
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- The Cap Times, "Janis Ringhand, Democratic candidate in Assembly District 80," October 21, 2010
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Janis Ringhand candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
Brett Davis (R)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |