Jason A. Marks
|Jason A. Marks|
|New Mexico Attorney General|
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commissioner - District 1|
|2005 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||Reed College (1983)|
|J.D.||University of New Mexico School of Law (2004)|
Prior to serving on the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission, Marks worked in healthcare finance and rate setting. He was Hospital Programs Manager for Oregon Medicaid, and later joined the accounting firm of Myers and Stauffer LC, where he became a Principal.
- BA, Sociology, Reed College, 1983
- JD, University of New Mexico School of Law, 2004
- Graduate Coursework in Public Administration, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon; Health Policy and Administration, U.N.C-Chapel Hill
Marks was considering running for New Mexico Attorney General in 2014. He suspended his campaign after an exploratory committee found that his chances of a win were slim with his current fundraising trends compared to the amounts being raised by other candidates. He posted an open letter on his campaign website where he explained the situation.
"After much consultation and consideration, it has become clear that the fundraising gap has put our campaign in a position where the prospects of winning are slim under most scenarios. It would be unfair to my friends and supporters - and to my family - to ask for continued commitments of time, money, and energy to the race under these circumstances. So, with disappointment, I am suspending my campaign for Attorney General."
The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Jason A. Marks's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Jason A. Marks's Campaign Contributions|
New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
|Total Raised by Opponents||$81,718|
|Top 5 contributors||Public Fund||$98,629|
|Jason A. Marks||$834|
|Friends of Dede Feldman||$100|
|17 other individual donors||$100 each|
- New Mexico Public Service Commission - Jason A. Marks
- Official campaign website
- Jason Marks on Facebook
- Capital Report New Mexico, "Jason Marks looks at running for NM Attorney General," February 2013
- Jason Marks Dear friends and supporters, accessed October 28, 2013
- Jason Marks for Attorney General, "Bio," April 25, 2013
- Jason Marks - Democrat for Attorney General, " Homepage," accessed March 20, 2013
- The Republic, "New Mexico candidates for the Legislature, PRC and other offices face filing deadline," March 20, 2012
- Follow the Money.org, "Home," accessed February 17, 2015
|New Mexico Public Regulation Commissioner District 1
| Succeeded by|
Karen Montoya (D)