Difference between revisions of "Jason Altmire"
(added news feed, added links, added biography section and reference, reorganized career section, added committees intro sentence and reference)
|Line 178:||Line 178:|
Revision as of 19:39, 9 March 2012
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 4|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Master's||George Washington University|
|Birthday||March 7, 1968|
|Place of birth||Kittanning, Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Political Assistant, Professional Advocate|
Jason Altmire (b. March 7, 1968) is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from the state of Pennsylvania. Altmire was first elected by voters from Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district in 2006.
- 2007-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district
- 1991-1996: Staff, U.S. Representative Pete Peterson of Florida
Altmire has also worked as a professional advocate.
Altmire serves on the following committees:
- Education and the Workforce Committee
- Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
- Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions (HELP)
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Jason Altmire has voted with the Democratic Party 55.6% of the time, which ranked 191 among the 192 House Democratic members as of December 2011.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 4 Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Jason Altmire Incumbent||50.8%||120,827|
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 4 Election, 2010 - Jason Altmire Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,287,104|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,262,139|
|Top contributors to Jason Altmire's campaign committee|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$22,800|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jason + Altmire + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Jason+Altmire+Florida+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Jason Altmire News Feed
Jason Altmire is married to Kelly. They have 2 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "ALTMIRE, Jason, (1968 - )"
- Congressman Jason Altmire, Representing Pennsylvania's Fourth Congressional District "Committee Assignments"
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Jason Altmire 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania, District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |