Difference between revisions of "Jason Altmire"
(added news feed, added links, added biography section and reference, reorganized career section, added committees intro sentence and reference)
|Line 178:||Line 178:|
Revision as of 20:39, 9 March 2012
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 4|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Master's||George Washington University|
|Date of birth||March 7, 1968|
|Place of birth||Kittanning, Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Political Assistant, Professional Advocate|
Jason Altmire (b. March 7, 1968) is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from the state of Pennsylvania. Altmire was first elected by voters from Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district in 2006.
- 2007-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district
- 1991-1996: Staff, U.S. Representative Pete Peterson of Florida
Altmire has also worked as a professional advocate.
Altmire serves on the following committees:
- Education and the Workforce Committee
- Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
- Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions (HELP)
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Percentage voting with party
Jason Altmire voted with the Democratic Party 55.6% of the time, which ranked 191 among the 192 House Democratic members as of December 2011.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 4 Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Jason Altmire Incumbent||50.8%||120,827|
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 4 Election, 2010 - Jason Altmire Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,287,104|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,262,139|
|Top contributors to Jason Altmire's campaign committee|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$22,800|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jason + Altmire + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Jason Altmire is married to Kelly. They have 2 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "ALTMIRE, Jason, (1968 - )"
- Congressman Jason Altmire, Representing Pennsylvania's Fourth Congressional District "Committee Assignments"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Jason Altmire 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania, District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |