|Iowa Department of Education Director|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||December 29, 2010|
|Appointed by||Gov. Terry Branstad (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky|
|Master's||University of Kentucky|
|Ph.D.||Seton Hall University|
|Profession||Superintendent of the Eagle County School District|
In his educational career Glass has served in a number of positions in several states. He taught at the high school and university levels in Kentucky before going to work for the Colorado Department of Education. He served as vice president for Qualistar Early Learning in Denver, was the director of human resources for Eagle County Schools in Colorado. Glass also worked with Battelle for Kids as senior director of human capital prior to joining the Iowa Department of Education.
- Bachelor's degree, University of Kentucky
- Master's degree, University of Kentucky
- Doctorate, Seton Hall University
Iowa Director of Education (2011-2013)
Glass served as Iowa Director of Education from his appointment in 2011 until June 24, 2013. He resigned before his term's scheduled 2015 expiration in order to begin his new job as superintendent of the Eagle County School District.
Glass was appointed as Iowa Director of Education by Gov. Terry Branstad (R) on December 29, 2010. Branstad stated, "I believe that with Jason Glass, we've got a reformer, an innovator, but somebody who's also been a consensus-builder. What I really like is his focus on achievement for students, and that's where we've seen a slip in recent years. We want to restore Iowa back to being preeminent in student achievement."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Glass + Iowa + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Department of Education, "About the Director," accessed July 16, 2012
- Iowa Department of Education, "Statement from State Board of Education President Rosie Hussey on Director Glass," May 22, 2013
- Office of the Governor of Iowa Terry Branstad, "Branstad names D.T. Magee as interim director of the Iowa Department of Education," June 18, 2013
- The Gazette, "Glass leaving Iowa Department of Education post,"May 22, 2013
- Denver Post, "Branstad names Glass to head Iowa education agency," December 29, 2010
|Iowa Director of Education
| Succeeded by|