|Idaho House of Representatives District 22B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Place of birth||Ridgecrest, CA|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Monks served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• State Affairs|
Monks's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe that your money is actually yours; it is not the governments, they didn’t give it to you. You earned it and should get to keep it. It is not the role of government to redistribute wealth from those that created jobs, and created wealth and give it to those that did not."
- Size and Scope of Government
- Excerpt: "The government has exceeded the original intent of the Constitution. The government should not get involved with those things that individuals can do for themselves."
- School Budget
- Excerpt: "My children have experienced first hand what budget cuts have forced schools to do. ...The real problem is that we don’t have enough funds to go around. Instead of solely focusing on where to cut educational spending; I will support legislation that will encourage job growth that will bring more money into the state."
- Students Come First
- Excerpt: "After speaking with many educators, and tax payers I’ve come to the conclusion that the biggest problem we face in regards to the Students Come First initiative is a lack of communication and cooperation."
- Right to Life
- Excerpt: "I am a firm believer and supporter of the rights of the unborn. I am proud to have the endorsement of Idaho Chooses Life and will do everything I can to protect the rights of the unborn."
Monks won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 22B. He defeated Michael Law, Fred Tilman and Stephen Warren in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012, and defeated Sharon Fisher (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 22B, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 22B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Charles D. Hoffman||4.4%||105|
Monk's website lists the following endorsements:
- Idaho House Majority Leader Mike Moyle
- District 20A State Representative Joe Palmer
- Romney for President Idaho State Finance Chair Travis Hawkes
- Meridian Mayor Tammy DeWeerd
- Former political opponent and small business owner Stephen Warren
Comprehensive donor information for Monks is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Monks raised a total of $21,802 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Jason Monks's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 22B||$21,802|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,802|
2012Monks won election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Monks raised a total of $21,802.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Monks's campaign in 2012|
|Committee to Elect Joe Palmer||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,802|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Monks received a score of 106 points in the 2013 index, ranking 9th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Monks + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jason Monks, "Issues," accessed October 18, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Jason Monks, "Endorsements," accessed October 18, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Monks, Jason," accessed December 12, 2013
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Pete Nielsen (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 22B
| Succeeded by|