Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 114|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Villalba's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Creating Jobs & Supporting Businesses
- "keeping taxes low for businesses and family owned proprietorships"
- "maintaining a fair and efficient civil justice system that keeps the trial lawyers at bay and reduces non-meritorious lawsuits against businesses"
- "creating incentives for businesses to relocate to or stay in Texas"
Improving Schools for Our Future
- "broadening and expanding the charter schools programs throughout the state"
- "providing for increased local control of Texas’ independent school districts"
- "expanding intra-district public-to-public school choice programs"
Reining in Government
- Excerpt:"Jason understands that one of the most challenging issues that he will face as a State Representative in the next legislative session is how to reduce and cut government spending. As a Reagan-styled conservative, he believes that reducing the size of government by reducing wasteful and unnecessary spending is the path to a stronger economy and a stronger Texas."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Villalba served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business & Industry|
|• Environmental Regulation|
Villalba won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 114. Villalba advanced to the June 31 primary runoff where he defeated Bill Keffer. Villalba defeated Carol Kent (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 114, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 114 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Bill Keffer (advanced to runoff)||47.5%||4,745|
|Jason Villalba (advanced to runoff)||41.2%||4,114|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Villalba + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Jason+Villalba+Texas+House+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Jason Villalba News Feed
Will Ford Hartnett (R)
|Texas House District 114
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |