Jay C. Hoffman
|Jay C. Hoffman|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 113|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 112|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University, 1983|
|J.D.||Saint Louis University School of Law, 1986|
|Date of birth||November 6, 1961|
|Place of birth||Highland, IL|
Hoffman is an Attorney.
He is a member of the Collinsville Chamber of Commerce, Edwardsville Chamber of Commerce, Illinois Bar Association, Knights of Columbus, and the Lions Club.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hoffman served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Public Safety, Vice-chair|
|• Labor & Commerce, Chair|
|• Mass Transit|
|• Public Utilities|
Hoffman won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 113. Hoffman was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Melinda Hult (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 113, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jay C. Hoffman||65.6%||29,304|
Hoffman lost his bid for re-election to the 112th District seat to Republican Dwight D. Kay. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 112 (2008)|
|Jay C. Hoffman (D)||31,947|
|Dwight Kay (R)||23,805|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 112 (2006)|
|Jay C. Hoffman (D)||21,108|
|Carol Kugler (R)||14,248|
In 2008, Hoffman collected $1,133,119 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$29,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$26,000|
|Illinois Pipe Trades||$23,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$22,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$16,123|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Hoffman + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Jay C. Hoffman (D) 112th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Jay C. Hoffman
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Hoffman
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Hoffman Campaign Donors
Scott Penny (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 113
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 112
| Succeeded by|
Dwight D. Kay (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |