For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Alabama House of Representatives, District 74
King joined the Alabama Army National Guard in 1990. He has worked for the Montgomery Police Department since 1994. He currently works for the Montgomery Police Department as a Police Lieutenant and as the ComStat & GIS Analyst.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 74 General Election (2010)|
|Jay Love (R)||8,714|
|Jay King (I)||2,562|
King's website lists the following issues:
- Public Safety & Crime
- Excerpt: "Jay King has served as a Law Enforcement Officer in both the military and civilian worlds. He understands that legislation needs to keep our families safe and violent criminals behind bars."
- Excerpt: "Our future is dependent upon the education of our children. We must work together to improve the quality of our K-12 and secondary education systems."
- Excerpt: "Alabama must work towards living within its means. We must be more vigilant when forming our budget and not rely on taxes to cover shortfalls."
- Excerpt: "We need to work towards keeping our best and brightest here by providing the jobs they seek. We need to continue to bring the industry and technology jobs to Alabama in order to strengthen our economy."
- Jay King's Campaign Webpage
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Independent general election candidate list
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical