|Virginia House of Delegates, District 78|
|Chairman, Chesapeake School Board|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University, 1985|
|J.D.||T.C. Williams School of Law, 1988|
Leftwich graduated from James Madison University in 1985 and T.C. Williams School of Law with a J.D. in 1988. He is a lawyer.
Leftwich won election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 78. Leftwich entered the race after the June 11 Republican primary to fill the vacancy left on the ballot by incumbent John Cosgrove (R), who left the race to serve in the Virginia State Senate. He defeated Linda Bryant (D) and Dan J. Foster (L) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 78 General Election, 2013|
|Libertarian||Dan J. Foster||3.7%||889|
In 2013, Leftwich’s endorsements included the following:
- The Virginia Farm Bureau
- Virginia Politics on Demand, "Race to Replace Cosgrove in the 78th House of Delegates District takes shape,"June 23, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Leftwich + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jay Leftwich for Delegate - Facebook, "About," accessed September 9, 2013
- Commonwealth of Virginia State Board of Elections, "Official List of Candidates, Tuesday, November 5, 2013 General Election, Virginia House of Delegates," accessed September 9, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Farm Bureau - Virginia, "2013 AgPAC Endorsements," accessed September 9, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |