|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eighth Suffolk District|
|July 17, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||June 25, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jay Livingstone was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Livingstone won election in a special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 8th Suffolk District on June 25, 2013. The seat was vacant following Martha Walz's (D) resignation to head the Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts. Livingstone defeated Joshua L. Dawson in the Democratic primary on May 28 and was unopposed in the special election, which took place on June 25.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 8th Suffolk District Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Joshua L. Dawson||30.7%||793|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Livingstone + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Boston Globe, "State Rep. Martha Walz to lead Planned Parenthood," January 30, 2013
- Boston.com, "Dates set for special election to replace state Rep. Marty Walz," February 7, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Special State Primary Candidates - Eighth Suffolk State Representative District," accessed May 14, 2013
- beaconhill.patch.com, " Where Do I Vote on Beacon Hill Today?," June 25, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |