|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 12A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McNamar served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Judiciary Finance and Policy|
McNamar's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "It is important to make sure the money borrowed from the schools is repaid in a timely manner by the state so school districts can provide that quality education. Education for all needs to be a priority which is demonstrated through proper funding."
- Excerpt: "An educated and trained workforce is essential to make this state great. We need to fund higher education to make college affordable for all who want it. We can’t afford not to make education a priority."
- Excerpt: "Local governments have been placed in a predicament of either cutting services or raising property taxes to make up for lost funding. Public safety could be at risk if city police departments are eliminated or reduced because of lack of funding. "
- Excerpt: "We can stimulate our economy by bonding to match federal grants. This would replace our aging infrastructure and place money into our local economies stimulating our local businesses and generating new revenue for the state."
- Excerpt: "Americans should not have to decide between medication or food. Medical expenses shouldn’t drive families into bankruptcy or squeeze elderly out of their life savings. Everyone should have affordable health care available to them."
McNamar won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 12A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Scott Dutcher (R) and Dave Holman (Independence) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 12A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for McNamar is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McNamar raised a total of $3,522 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Jay McNamar's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 12A||$3,522|
|Grand Total Raised||$3,522|
2012McNamar won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McNamar raised a total of $32,039.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jay McNamar's campaign in 2012|
|Grant County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$2,500|
|Douglas County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$600|
|Minn. Assoc. of Professional Employees Political Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,039|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + McNamar + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "jaymcnamar," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "McNamar, Jay," accessed December 12, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
John Ward (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 12A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |